Preparing for An Effective Dynamics Product Demo
To make effective use of your time, answer these questions to prepare for your product demo:
- What are the Top 10 must-see capabilities of interest to your organization?
- What are the features you like about your current solution that you want to see captured in the new solution?
- What do you want to see done more easily and effectively in your new solution?
- What are the unique aspects of your business that you want to be sure can be supported?
- Provide some sample data to your solution provider that they can use to populate in their demo system. A sample invoice, sales order, purchase order, bill of materials, etc.
- Ask for a demo in-person. There's no substitute for face-to-face interactions when you are evaluating both the product and the provider you will be working with.
- When delivered in person, most vendors use a hosted demo environment that requires an Internet connection to access. Work with your IT organization to ensure there is an unrestricted Internet access port from your conference room.
Evaluating Each Product Demo and Comparing Solutions
First and foremost your new solution needs to meet your current and known future functional needs. It's a non-starter if you can't check that box. Beyond that, we advocate that your business management software decision criteria should include the four cornerstones of any good software evaluation. With those top-of-mind, we recommend further refining the underlying criteria and weighting them aligned with what is most important to your company. Use this pre-defined list as your scorecard during the demo for each solution option under consideration. By the time you near the end of the solution decision process your documented analysis will greatly help simplify your decision.
When reviewing different solutions, you're sure to hear conflicting sales messages from each vendor yout. And, when one vendor presents a solution, it may trigger questions you wish you would have asked a previous presenter. Our humble suggestion here is to record your list of follow-up questions and give your short-list vendors the opportunity to respond. Yes it will add some additional time to the process but that small amount of extra time spent is well worth it to ensure you make the best decision for your company. After all, you'll be living with your new solution for several years.
Contact Us Today!
If you're ready to see a Dynamics product demonstration, call us at 925.790.2600 to schedule a time at your convenience or fill out our demo request form.